The Meerkat Den
The Den is currently full and a waiting list is in place.
The Cub Pack
The Pack is currently full with a waiting list of over one year.
The Scout Troop
The Troop is current full with a waiting list of over two years.
Joining Scouts, Cubs or Meerkats
- The first step is to contact us and check whether we are currently accepting new members (see above), or if we are full and adding new applicants to our waiting list. If we are full, we can also refer you to other groups in the area.
- If we are accepting new members, we’ll arrange a date for you to come along to a meeting. Scouts (age 11-17) meet on Thursdays from 7 to 9 pm, Cubs (age 7-10) meet on Fridays from 5:30 to 7 pm, and Meerkats (age 5-6) on Saturdays from 9 to 9:45 am. All these groups meet at our hall at 17 Bowwood Road, Claremont.
- We will provide you with a membership form and other details.
- After the first few weeks, we have a short ceremony to invest the new Meerkat, Cub or Scout. Families are welcome to attend. This is the first time the uniform is worn, and we present a 1st Claremont scarf and various badges.
- You will need to buy a uniform from the Scout Shop in Claremont before being invested.
- Annual fees (pro rata) are due when the new member is invested.
Other groups can be located by visiting the Western Cape Regional website and using the search engine. We list below the geographically close scout groups
|3rd Claremont Cubs
|Boys only, age 7-10||Greenford Road, Newlands|
|6th Rondebosch||Mixed Gender||Chess Road, Rondebosch|
|2nd Rondebosch||Boys only||Lea Road, Rondebosch|
|1st Rosebank||Boys only, Air Scouts||56 Campground Road, Rondebosch|
|1st Pinelands||Mixed gender||St Stephens Road, Pinelands|
|3rd Pinelands||Mixed gender||Stellenberg Road, Pinelands|
|1st Wetton||Mixed gender||Belper Road, Wynberg|
|1st Belvedere||Mixed gender||Holderness Road, Kenwyn|
Starting a New Group
A final option is to start a new group. This is an intimidating thought but a hugely exciting one as well. Help is available and what you really need a few enthusiastic adults. Contact us if you think you want to start an new Group so that your child can experience scouting.