- There must be a cover page.
- Log your hike using traditional compass logging techniques. There should be no more than 15 compass points logged and no less than 10. Your log should include in a grid format:
- the compass direction you are travelling in;
- The distance you have travelled (rounded to the nearest 100m);
- comments on what is significant about this point (a significant landmark, change in direction, turn off a path, etc)
- a picture if you have one.
- Include a map of the hike (1:50 000 or any more detailed map) with your route clearly marked.
- List the members of the group you were hiking with (excluding any adults) and discuss their hiking competence as you observed it on this hike.
- List the contents of the First Aid kit you had on this hike.
- Include the weather report from the day of or the day before the hike from a reputable source for the area in which you are hiking.
- List the equipment that each participant should have had with them.
- Space your text at 1.5 line spacing.
Your entire report and log should be a maximum of 4 pages, excluding the cover and contents (6 in total).
You are encouraged to use a hiking app to measure distance and to make sure you know where you are. The standard app in the troop is Mapy.cz which enables us to swop gpx tracks.