Please look here before you commence planning
Your hike plan must be submitted to the TS at least 5 days before your hike. It must include:
- Cover page
- A description of your route.
- A map of your route, with the route clearly marked (Google Maps is NOT sufficient).
- Weather forecast.
- Which scouts will be attending.
- The equipment needed to log your hike
- Emergency numbers (confirm they are saved on a cellphone that will be with you).
- Equipment that each scout must have.
If you wish to do another route, you must check with the Troop Scouter before you communicate with scouts and parents.
- Constantia Nek to Woodhead Dam and back
- Pipe track to Slangolie and back.
- River walk and Panorama circuit Silvermine
- Constantia Nek to Kirstenbosch and return
- Rhodes Memorial to Kirstenbosch (one way only)
- Kirstenbosch to Newlands Forest and return.
- If you wish to do another route, please discuss with your TS beforehand.