- Discuss COVID-19 with a parent, other adult or adult leader.
- what is a virus
- how the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 were named
- how COVID-19 is spread
- symptoms of infection
- methods and measures to prevent infection, and
- ‘flattening the curve’
- List the steps to take if a person exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 infection. Memorize the national emergency hotline number to call for advice.
- Make a poster explaining the concepts of a disease epidemic versus a disease pandemic. Display it at home.
- Do one of the following:
- Build a Tippy-Tap and demonstrate the correct procedure for washing hands with soap and water. Proof must be provided.
- Make a two-minute video demonstrating five or more ways to prevent infection by COVID-19 (one method must be the correct way of washing hands with soap and water).
- Make a simple face mask using materials found at home and demonstrate how to wear it.
- Explain to your adult leader how the Scout Motto (“Be Prepared”) relates to the outbreak of COVID-19 and any other unforeseen situation/emergency/natural disaster.
May 28 2020
Scout Covid 19 Badge
Permanent link to this article: https://1stclaremont.org.za/1stclaremont-scouts/scout-covid-19-badge/